The Victorian Government through Small Business Victoria has provided funds to Mainstreet Australia to distribute to funded centre business associations and chambers of commerce to help them deal with the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 crisis. $85,000 (plus GST) is to be distributed to these groups. Grants of up to $5,000 (plus GST) are available.
To be eligible to receive a grant, applicants must:
- Be an incorporated Business or Traders Association or Chamber of Commerce and hold a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be a Mainstreet Australia member – if not Join for free here: Membership
- Have a minimum income/turnover of $25,000 in 2019-20
- Not have received the Victorian Government’s $10,0000 Business Support Grant
- Have all appropriate insurances, licences and permits to undertake the activity
- Agree, should your proposal be successful, to participate in media opportunities relating to the Grant Program
Grants are to be used to cover or undertake:
- The fees of existing or additional centre managers, marketing coordinators or consultants employed to assist the association in providing information and support for the business association and the businesses in its main street centre
- Small projects (e.g., development or enhancement of a website, social media, shop local campaign, advice on how to improve the online capability of businesses, a competition or other centre promotional event) to deal with the impact of the COVID-19 virus
Application content and outcomes of successful projects will be used in Mainstreet Australia reports, case studies and social media, and for reporting back to Small Business Victoria. Apply here for Mainstreet Australia Grant.
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The need for the personnel or project
- The innovative nature of the proposal in addressing the issues raised by COVID-19
- The expected outcome and impact the personnel or project will have on the centre and the benefits to its businesses and the community
- The capacity of the business association to deliver the proposal within the proposed budget and the timeframe outlined in these guidelines
Applications will be assessed by members of the Mainstreet Australia Committee. All applicants will receive notification of the outcome of their funding request.