Mainstreet Australia provides a forum for information exchange, networking, advocacy and professional development for the people, businesses and projects in Australia’s traditional main streets and town centres. Our membership approach is simple. We offer differing structures to enable all organisations to get the most from membership and our fees are very affordable.
Why become a member?
- The benefits of membership with Mainstreet Australia include:
- Free entry (into as many categories as you like) in the Mainstreet Australia Awards, held biannually
- Discounted ticket to attend the Mainstreet Australia Awards Gala, held biannually
- Discounted ticket to attend Mainstreet Australia Conferences ,
- Discounted tickets to regular networking events in Victoria, with a plan to expand nationally
- Access to the Centre Managers Network and Business Association Network
- An increasing number of main street resources for members including the result of Mainstreet Australia research projects.
- Ongoing advocacy to the Victorian State Government for policy guidelines and financial support for main streets including further grants to business associations
- Supporting the sustainability of traditional main streets and town centres through our social media
- Enhancing your knowledge of main street projects and best practices across Australia and the world
- Being able to access a toolkit of information and other resources to help you with the management, marketing and business development of main street centres
Who should join?
- Centre Coordinators and Marketing Managers
- Members of Business/Trader Associations and Chambers of Commerce
- Local Government Economic Development, Urban Designers, Business Development, Placemaking, City Strategy and Development & Tourism personnel
- Business owners
- Commercial landlords
- Commercial agents
- Suppliers and Service providers to main streets
- Federal and State Government representatives
The Membership Levels are:
Individual or small business membership (includes one representative only)
Business Association or Chamber of Commerce membership (includes two representatives including a centre coordinator)
Government, Council or Corporate membership (includes up to three representatives)
$300 AUD plus GST
$100 AUD plus GST
$200 AUD plus GST
$300 AUD plus GST
Mainstreet Australia tries to keep fees to a minimum. As such, we are not in the position to provide pro rata or transferable memberships except where a member leaves the organisation that has paid for the membership and that organisation wants to replace that member with another person.