Mainstreet Australia provides a forum for information exchange, networking, advocacy and professional development for the people, businesses and projects in Australia’s traditional main streets and town centres. Mainstreet Australia’s membership approach is simple. It is based on individuals rather than organisations so we know exactly who are members are and can connect directly with them. Our individual fees for 2020-21 have been reduced by 25% to $75 (plus GST) as a result of the impact of the COVID-19 virus. That’s less than $1.50 per week to stay connected, informed, inspired and support advocacy and research to keep our main streets alive and thriving.
Subscribe to become a member below. It’s a simple process. Enter the details of all the individuals in your organisation that you would like to be members. For local councils and business associations we recommend that you register 4-5 people. Fill in the billing details and, at the end, make a payment by credit card or request an invoice and pay later.
Why become a member?
The benefits of membership with Mainstreet Australia include:
- Supporting the sustainability of traditional main streets and town centres through our advocacy, research, events and social media
- Working together to combat the impact of COVID-19 and help main streets and town centres recover and rebuild
- Enhancing your knowledge of main street projects and best practices across Australia and the world
- Being able to access a toolkit of information and other resources to help you with the management, marketing, and business development of main street centres
- Sharing of ideas, evaluation techniques, successes and suppliers among members
Being kept in the loop about Mainstreet Australia advocacy and events including:
- Advocacy to all tiers of Government and key industry bodies – Mainstreet Australia facilitated $5 milllion of grants from the Victorian State Government to chambers of commerce and trader groups in 2020
- Mainstreet Australia Industry Awards
- Centre Managers Network
- Presidents/ Business Association Executives Network
Who should join?
- Centre Coordinators and Marketing Managers
- Members of Business/Trader Associations and Chambers of Commerce
- Local Government Economic Development, Urban Designers, Business Development, Placemaking, City Strategy and Development & Tourism personnel
- Business owners
- Commercial landlords
- Commercial agents
- Suppliers and Service providers to main streets
- Federal and State Government representatives
Mainstreet Australia tries to keep fees to a minimum. As such, we are not in the position to provide pro rata or transferable memberships except where a member leaves the organisation that has paid for the membership and that organisation wants to replace that member with another person.