Mainstreet Australia provides a forum for information exchange, networking, advocacy and professional development for the people, businesses and projects in Australia’s traditional main streets and town centres. Our membership approach is simple. We offer differing structures to enable all organisations to get the most from membership and our fees are very affordable.
The membership levels are:
- Individual/small business membership $100 plus GST
- Business association/chamber of commerce membership $200 plus GST (includes two representatives including a centre coordinator)
- Government/local council/large business membership $300 plus GST (includes up to three representatives)
Complete the form at the button at the bottom of the page to let us know you’d like to become a member. We’ll then get your membership details and send an invoice for payment.
Why become a member?
The benefits of membership with Mainstreet Australia include:
- Supporting the sustainability of traditional main streets and town centres through our advocacy, research, events and social media
- Working together to combat the impact of COVID-19 and help main streets and town centres recover and rebuild
- Enhancing your knowledge of main street projects and best practices across Australia and the world
- Being able to access a toolkit of information and other resources to help you with the management, marketing, and business development of main street centres
- Sharing of ideas, evaluation techniques, successes and suppliers among members
Being kept in the loop about Mainstreet Australia advocacy and events including:
- Advocacy to all tiers of Government and key industry bodies – Mainstreet Australia facilitated $5 milllion of grants from the Victorian State Government to chambers of commerce and trader groups in 2020
- Mainstreet Australia Industry Awards
- Centre Managers Network
- Presidents/ Business Association Executives Network
Who should join?
- Centre Coordinators and Marketing Managers
- Members of Business/Trader Associations and Chambers of Commerce
- Local Government Economic Development, Urban Designers, Business Development, Placemaking, City Strategy and Development & Tourism personnel
- Business owners
- Commercial landlords
- Commercial agents
- Suppliers and Service providers to main streets
- Federal and State Government representatives
Mainstreet Australia tries to keep fees to a minimum. As such, we are not in the position to provide pro rata or transferable memberships except where a member leaves the organisation that has paid for the membership and that organisation wants to replace that member with another person.
Let us know you want to become a member. Complete the form below.